Mouse has a mind of it's own, please help! (steermouse problem)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by will0407, Jan 20, 2011.

1. will0407, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011

will0407 macrumors 6502a

Hi everyone.

I just upgraded my 21.5" imac to a 27" (the i3 3.06 to the i3 3.2)
    I installed my time machine back up with no problems. When i first turned the imac back on, the mouse (razer pro) tracking was ridiculously fast., but then when I logged into my account, it suddenly went really, really, Really slow! I logged out and logged into my g/fs account and it works fine.

So basically there is something that is messing up the tracking speed in my account. I've done time machine restores before and plugged the same mouse into my new machines (had the mouse about 4 years) and they all work fine.

I tried installing razer pro, but that just disables my steermouse functions. So i tried deleting both, and reinstalling steermouse. During installation, the mouse suddenly gets really fast again, however as soon as I restart and log back in, the mouse has gone back to being slow.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? It's driving me nuts!

2. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

You need to install the Razer drivers and set your speed up. From there, do not adjust the tracking sensitivity in the system preferences. The Razer software will handle all of the adjustments.

I am not sure what benefits you are getting from steermouse, Razer handles all of the functionality I need. I would uninstall steermouse before installing the Razer drivers as they may conflict with eachother.

troutspinner

3. will0407, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011

will0407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

steermouse allowed me to use button 5 and 7 as volume controls. Having had it set up like this for over 4 years, it's a bit annoying not being able to get it to work.

I uninstalled both again, and installed just the razer software. I can't find a way to assign volume controls to 5 and 7, nor can i work out how to select "cmd + ]" and "cmd + [" to buttons 4 and 6 (allows me to go back/forward on any window whether it be internet or finder)

I've since tried uninstalling razer etc, and just having the latest steermouse running when I log in and it still slows down! Something is slowing it down but i havent a clue what

4. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Go into the Macro and press they key combination and you forward and back buttons will be there, I do the same thing. As for volume, I do not do this but it should be just inserting the macro of the key combination.

troutspinner

5. will0407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried that but it didn't work. Steermouse seems to be running OK at the moment, fingers crossed it'll stay like that

6. will0407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just done a restart and it's still working. Thanks for your replies anyway, appreciated.