mouse is possessed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by edk, Oct 22, 2010.

1. edk macrumors regular

so, I've a strange new issue - and I hope you can help.

All of a sudden, my mouse is acting weird. When itunes is running, playing a video or song, if I hover my cursor over the "time bar" .. ie the black bar that shows your place in the song/movie, then the song/video jumps forward at a very fast rate, until the end of the track.

Really really annoying! Any idea what might be causing it?

The only thing I can think of is that in Parallels, I mistakenly set my mouse as an internal Parallels device (thus loosing access to the mouse), and had to hard reset my unit to get things back to normal.

Not sure why that would cause problems now with itunes in such a way, but its the only things I can think that changed before the issues occurred.

Please help!! :confused:

ps. anther strange connected issue. I can't select drop down boxes anymore.. such as in this page to change my thread options.... worked in the past.

thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it's quite simple: Your mouse is possessed! :D

Seriously, you don't mention which mouse you have, but if it's cordless, you might check the batteries.

3. edk thread starter macrumors regular

ah yes sorry, its a wireless MS laser mouse.

Battery reports being full. And it's the strangeness of the issue that gets me. Other than the two things i mentioned, mouse is fine otherwise.

Cheers

4. edk thread starter macrumors regular

ok, i just changed the mouse to a different port on the powered usb hub, and its all good again :D

yeah to me!

:)