Mouse issue with my new mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by roberth1990, Aug 23, 2009.

1. roberth1990 macrumors newbie

Hello

I just got a new 24" iMac yesterday, I'm pleased so far exept one thing that is bothering me, the mouse cursor is somewhat living it's own life.

When do regular movements on the mouse it sometimes lagg after when I move and some times jumps right to another place the desktop when I move on it.

And the most weird thing is that it happens with both my mouses, my wired mighty mouse and my logitech g5(wired) both connected directly to the machine through my apple keyboard.

Any suggestions?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Have you installed any software yet?

Have you tried plugging the mice directly into the computer?

Is there any dust collected around the optical sensors?

3. roberth1990 thread starter macrumors newbie

First of all, if you read my post more carefully you will see that I have allready tried to connect it directly into my computer.

And mighty mouse is optical and logitech g5 is laser, there is no dust.

I tried an restart and the problem disappeared, but came again after a while...

4. roberth1990 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I think he read your post right. It doesn't say that you tried connecting it directly to the computer. It say that you connected it through the Apple keyboard :confused: A BIG, BIG difference...

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I occasionally find dust bunnies in the cavity by the laser sensor in my Logitech G7. Give me the benefit of the doubt here; I do have some idea what I'm talking about.