Mouse Issues on Team Fortress 2 (Steam)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by DudeMartin, Aug 16, 2011.

1. DudeMartin macrumors regular

Hello everybody.

Recently I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion. Prior to the upgrade, I could play Team Fortress 2 without any problems. Days after upgrading to Lion, I decided to play some TF2. When I joined into a game, I noticed that when I looked around, the mouse became incredibly sensitive if I swiped it across my mousepad quickly.

If I were to move my mouse a little bit, it would turn a little bit, but if I were to move my mouse quickly, it would spin my character like 1080 degrees. This is very unusual. I tried adjusting the sensitivity settings, but that literarily didn't help one bit.

After some research, I was able to figure out that mouse acceleration was potentially the culprit of this. After attempting various fixes that stop/remove mouse acceleration I did notice an improvement, but it wasn't as good as it was on Snow Leopard.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you solve this?
    Thanks a lot in advance!

(I use a Logitech USB mouse on my 2011 base 13" MacBook Pro)

2. mazdaspeed818 macrumors newbie

Same problem

Does anybody have a solution to this? I have CS: Source and it is giving me the same annoying problem. I have the Magic Mouse and it worked perfectly when I was on Snow Leopard, but now when I move the mouse fast across the left or the right it moves too fast and turns me around 3 times.

3. battlekid macrumors regular

Are you using SteerMouse or USB Overdrive? Those could be the cause of the problem or a possible fix...

Good thing I haven't updated to Lion yet!