Mouse Issues since Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by craznar, Sep 1, 2009.

1. craznar macrumors regular

I upgraded to 10.6 today, and since then my Microsoft 5 button mouse doesn't pass button 3-5 (left extra, right extra and scroll button press) through to applications.

I can install MS drivers, and reassign them to other OSX functions – however this doesn't help me (for example in World of Warcraft) assign an application event to Mouse button 4 (for example).

This is definitely a new problem as of today, and only change is Snow Leopard.

Any hints on how I can fix this ?

2. MacMonster1985 macrumors member

There's you're problem. Use an Apple mouse.

3. craznar thread starter macrumors regular

So you are saying Snow Leopard removes support for non-Apple mice ?

If this is correct - then the solution for me is to move to Windows 7.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

That is not the case. If its not letting you change it in the preferences page you may need some sort of software to do it.

Unfortunately I am still waiting for my snow leopard so I cant offer more advice : /

5. craznar thread starter macrumors regular

OSX 10.5 required no special settings to allow the buttons to be used (of course OSX didn't know how to use them).

OSX 10.6 doesn't let the mouse buttons to be used anywhere...

When I installed the special software - it allowed me to use them in OSX (i.e. assign the buttons to OSX actions), but didn't let them be used as generic mouse clicks.

Seems OSX 10.6 only knows of left and right click in the list of mouse actions.

6. JTSO23 macrumors newbie

Is there a fix for this yet? The side buttons on my Microsoft Explorer mouse don't work with Snow Leopard.

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I want to say it's a driver/software problem with 10.6? My Razer Deathadder works with no problems with 10.6 so I would think it would be the same for Microsoft or any 3rd-party mice?

8. e7e macrumors member

a little off topic, but did Apple move the "ignore trackpad when mouse is present" checkbox from the trackpad menu to the universal access menu?

9. kasakka macrumors 68000

MS mouse with MS drivers works just fine over here. There's also supposed to be a 64-bit driver coming out next month according to MS's site so maybe wait for that.

10. mac442 macrumors newbie

I know you are joking about going to Windoze 7, but thats like getting a splinter and choosing to put you arm into wood chipper to get it out! LOL

But you're just joking...

You are joking... right?

Please tell me your just joking, please!