Mouse jumps in SL

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by bobpensik, Sep 29, 2009.

1. bobpensik macrumors regular

I've been having a problem with my wired mouse. Ever since I installed Snow Leopard I have noticed the mouse making small jumping movements when I move it at a medium and slow speed

I was using a G5 Laser mouse and found it would jump around when I was moving it diagonally. It would make little jumps here and there randomally as i moved it diagonally, but it didn't happen when I moved the mouse vertically or horizontally.

I eventually got fed up and bought a Razer DeathAdder Mac Edition, but I still have the same problem. I thought it might be the mousepad, so I got a new one and it helped a little, but the mouse still jumps when I move it diagonally. It is tolerable for day to day tasks (although a little annoying) but when I am editing photos it can be really frustrating.

I have tried removing the Razer software but that didn't work. I installed USB Overdrive and Steermouse, but neither fix the problem.

These are not wireless mouses, both are wired, and have an advertised 1800DPI.

Anyone have any ideas??

I don't seem to have a problem when I use them on my MacBook which is still running Leopard???

2. timb macrumors regular

Have you tried plugging it into a different USB port?

3. bobpensik thread starter macrumors regular

4. bobpensik thread starter macrumors regular

Update:

I plugged in the apple mouse which came with my Mac Pro and guess what! No issue! I also tried my brother's Logitech VX Nano and it doesn't have the issue either.

I guess it must be the Logitch G5 and Razer DeathAdder which have issues. At least that is my experience anyway