Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GNice

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Just got my first mac a couple days ago...loving it so far, but my mouse pointer jumps to the corner of the screen sometimes...and it's not always the same corner.

I must be doing something to cause this, but I don't know what. Any ideas?

Thx!

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
Sounds like you might have hot corners activated although normally that would cause something else to open as well. Nonetheless, its all I can think of unless you've got your mouse at some super sonic scrolling speed.

Open System Preferences and click Dashboard & Exposé and in the Active Screen Corners section make sure you don't have anything selected.

JonD25

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
Just got my first mac a couple days ago...loving it so far, but my mouse pointer jumps to the corner of the screen sometimes...and it's not always the same corner.

I must be doing something to cause this, but I don't know what. Any ideas?

Thx!

Make sure your system is completely up to date. If that doesn't help, assuming you're using a mouse, make sure you're not using it on a reflective surface. I used to have problems with this, but it's completely nonexistent now.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
What kind of mouse do you have? My original wired optical mighty mouse wasn't compatible with the glossy finish on my mouse pad. The mouse pad made the cursor jump to the corners, just like you're describing.

My bluetooth mighty mouse has a different optical lens, and the mouse pad doesn't affect it.

It may be the surface you're using your mouse on. Try a different surface.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.