Mouse keeps jumping

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nate025, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Nate025 macrumors regular

So here's an interesting problem I've been having (and I do apologize if this has been posted, search provided no feedback):

Using either my MM or my Logitech USB mouse the cursor will jump to the edge of the screen at seemingly random intervals in whichever direction I'm moving it. This is particularly frustrating when playing WoW, causing me to move in all sorts of crazy directions.

As I mentioned it happens using Bluetooth, not using Bluetooth, using USB with/out Bluetooth enabled.

I can't figure out what's causing the interference. Any suggestions?

2. theLastBeatle macrumors member

Try a smooth surface with an even color. I'm guessing it's a laser type mouse. Did you try cleaning the bottom.

3. Nate025 thread starter macrumors regular

As I mentioned, I'm using the Mighty Mouse (MM) as well as, yes, a laser guided USB mouse (I wasn't aware that trackball USB mice existed, if that's what you're implying). This is a graphical interface glitch, not the effect of using a mouse on bedsheets. Yes, I am using a mouse pad and yes, my mice are very clean...Squeaky clean. ;)

It seems disabling Hardware Cursor within the game has resolved the issue, though it roughens the cursor movement significantly: So I suppose, for now, all is well.

I never noticed this issue until the trackpad update, and it only occurs sporadically. So, now I'm curious, anyone else experience this?