Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TitanJeff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
I have a student I am attempting to help.

She plugged a Wacom tablet to her MacBook Pro and everything worked as expected. Two days later, she removed it to begin working with the track pad and keyboard and suddenly had strange issues such as random clicks, highlighting and delays when typing in text programs. It's made it next to impossible to use anything but here Wacom tablet which continues to work perfectly.

Before she goes through Mac repair, I am attempting to try and find a solution. I feel it must have something to do with the Wacom but she said the preference icon had been there for ages.

She's running 10.4 with all updates in place. Thanks for any tips anyone might have for me to try.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
so is Wacom completely unplugged from the USB port ? have you downloaded their latest driver ?

I often get what your stating when I have the Wacom plugged in and the pen is not in its place holder. When the pen is on top of the tablet, i get that erratic behavior.

TitanJeff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
Yes. The Wacom tablet is no longer plugged in. She's rebooted a number of times as well.

I will check on the driver.

Edit: She said the driver was the latest.

TitanJeff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
We experimented by adding another user and the same problem remains.

We also fixed permissions.

TitanJeff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
Reset the PRAM. No change.

This just seems to be a track pad issue. I've never heard of one going bad but could that be the case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.