Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reaper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
19th Hole
Anyone have some recommendations for good mouse and keyboard replacements for the standard apple components?

I have tried several (wireless MS mouse and Kensington wireless desktop) and nothing has been very good. When using the wireless MS mouse my mac wouldn't sleep. With the Kensington wireless desktop sometimes when the mac came back from sleep the mouse and keyboard wouldn't be recognized and I would have to restart.

Any recommendations would be appreciated, as I would really like a nice feeling mouse and keyboard that are slightly more functional than what the mac comes with. Thanks.

- reaper

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
For a mouse replacement I would recommend the Wacom Graphire tablet if you can scoop out the $99 or whatever it costs.

Even if you never use the stylus, it is worth it alone for the precise mouse, which contains a right click button and scroll wheel (and which is effectively wireless).

In fact, this is all I can use now that I am used to it after 3 years or so... Eveything else feels sloppy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.