Mouse Lag - Driving me Nuts

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lbeck, Jan 17, 2011.

1. lbeck macrumors 6502

lbeck

I noticed it really bad after the 10.6.6 update. So I wiped my drive and started over and have been on 10.6.4. The mouse lag is still there, although not as bad as it was.

I dont remember it being there when I first bought my MacPro and was on 10.6.4, so Im shocked that its still there after I wiped my drive to factory settings.

I've also done hardware test, reset PRAM and SMC. I've read that it can be caused when iTunes or QT is open but I notice it even when those are closed.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter? I'm very desperate.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Did you check System Preferences --> Mouse and see what the tracking speed was? Perhaps the update reset it to default.

3. lbeck thread starter macrumors 6502

lbeck

Thanks but no, thats not it. I'm referring to a sudden lag when moving it. then it will catch up to the right spot. It has to be a bug of some sort. There are all kinds of search results for it on google but I could not find a definitive solution.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

What kind of mouse is it? Wired, wireless, BT? Is your computer experiencing any other problems too?

5. lbeck thread starter macrumors 6502

lbeck

I'm currently using the magic mouse but I've tried them all, mighty mouse anbd a wird mouse. They all do it. What blows me away is I reformatted my mac back to the day I got it and the issue is still there. I never had this issue when I bought it so I figured it wouldn't be there if I put it back to factory settings, I was wrong.

No, everything else is fine.

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I had this problem with a BT mouse on my MacBook (Kensington, not Apple). The lag was so unbearable that I pitched the mouse and got a Logitech VX Nano (non-BT).

7. lbeck thread starter macrumors 6502

lbeck

It's not the type of mouse, it even happens with a wired mouse. I can't figure it out to save my life. I've spent so muc time on it and I'm no closer to solving it.

The thing that confuses me the most is that I never had an issue when I first got my MP in October. Then after the new update it showed up. Then, I reformatted with the discs that came with it and it the mouse still lags! Mkes me think it could be a hardware issue but the AHT came back with no results.

What hardware could cause this issue of mouse lag? Or would it for certain be a software issue?

8. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Hmmm.... I'm really not sure. Have you tried repairing disk permissions?

9. Teòma macrumors newbie

It sounds like a video problem to me. Try resetting your nvram. Best of luck!