Mouse lag.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sotorious, Jun 30, 2013.

1. sotorious, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013

sotorious macrumors 6502a

I am having some mouse lag even with the magic mouse. I have a logitech mouse i would like to use but when moving it real slow feels like its sticking just feels real off. I use windows as my primary windows but this is my music computer. I have one of those ball mouses that you have to move the whole entire ball which seems to work ok. But my mice do not work well at all.

The only mouse ive seen work well is the corded old apple mouse. Will i have to get one of those for it to be working nicely and smoothly, and it not slow down like a turtle when moving it in small increments.

2. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Also is there a smoothmouse fix for osx 10.6.6 when i try to download the latest one, or the version before that it tells me i need 10.7 or higher.

3. beeinformed macrumors 6502

I haven't noticed any lag when using the magic mouse and/or trackpad. Have you contacted Apple tech support to see if they could help you with some troubleshooting steps to find a solution?

4. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Have you used the Magic Mouse with any other computer? I'm wondering if it's the computer that's the problem or the mouse. What computer is it that the mouse is having trouble on?

5. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

my imac. idk just my real beef is when im trying to be real precise feels like it gets heavy. Ive always had a mouse issue with my macs. I wonder if the classic wired apple mouse would do it.

6. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Perhaps you're used to a different sensitivity coming from a different machine to this iMac. Who knows!

7. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is the conclusion i have come to. Other mice other then apple dont play nice with osx, and the magic mouse sucks. I think its down to the original corded mac mouse to try and save me from this madness.