Mouse Losing Connection

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by GovtLawyer, Jan 29, 2014.

1. GovtLawyer macrumors 6502

My new Magic Mouse is frequently losing the connection with my new iMac. The battery is at 97%. It loses and regains the connection within a 1/2 minute or so. This is a refurbed iMac. Could there be a problem with the bluetooth? Any suggestions how I can troubleshoot this to pinpoint the problem, or fix it?

I am not using a mouse pad - just on a plain wooden desk. I doubt that's a problem as it has worked and tracked quite well for the three days I have had it, until today.

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Do you have other BT devices? For me it was the mouse but only obvious since my BT KB didn't disconnect.

3. GovtLawyer thread starter macrumors 6502

Other Devices

Yes, I have both a wireless keyboard and a track pad. How many devices can connect at one time via bluetooth?

4. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Is your keyboard Bluetooth wireless or some other type of wireless? If Bluetooth and the keyboard doesn't disconnect likely the mouse is the issue.

5. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

mine does this on/off - maybe every few days and I'm at 70% battery, but with this new security fix seems to do it way too much now, like every 10 minutes or so....... :(
    I'm 27-inch iMac, Late 2009, Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64