Mouse no longer vertically scrolls

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by virtual, Aug 16, 2008.

1. virtual macrumors member

Can I call Apple support to get it replaced? It is within a year since I purchased it (as a package with the iMac) and I have the AppleCare bundle - will Apple replace the mouse?

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

If it's still covered by AppleCare, then apple will either try to fix it, or replace it. Worth a trip to the store in any case.

3. virtual thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunatly the closest Apple store is ~250Km from me at the moment.

Sorry to say, but you have wated 20 seconds of your life. I am fully aware of the vast majority of the tricks which I have used over the past 9 months. None now work.

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Ok this is what happened when my mighty mouse broke, (the centre button completely stopped working).

Ring up Apple, explain the situation, they'll ask for your bank/credit card details, they'll then send you out a new mouse, once you receive the new mouse, you have to send the old mouse back IMMEDIATELY in the packaging they provide, otherwise you will face being charged for the new mouse..

It's a fairly simple process altogether and they were very friendly.

5. AceWilfong macrumors regular

AceWilfong

I thought I knew how to clean the ball...

but after a year it stuck for good. I had a new Mighty Mouse delivered to my door the morning after my phone call to Apple, with return label and instructions to replace the old MM in its box and call Fed-Ex. Doorbell rang couple of hours later. Dead mouse on its way. Easier than ordering pizza.

6. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Call Apple :) In the UK, Apple have had no issues with sending me a replacement MM.

They sent me a new one in a box, and then I put the old one in the box and they collected it. Easy.

7. virtual thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys. Looks like I will be making a call soon.