mouse not functioning properly

Smithson15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2005
First time posting and I need a little help. I just moved and set my mac back up. I'm running an older system (OS 9) and whenever I start up, the mouse won't register when I click on something. It'll move around the screen just fine, but I can't select or drag anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
Smithson15 said:
First time posting and I need a little help. I just moved and set my mac back up. I'm running an older system (OS 9) and whenever I start up, the mouse won't register when I click on something. It'll move around the screen just fine, but I can't select or drag anything. Any help would be appreciated.
Do you have a second mouse you can try? Sounds as though the button has broken somehow, which explains why it still moves but doesn't click. Might be a loose connection, or it might have just packed up.

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2005
Smithson15 said:
Boot up with the "Shift" key held down unitil it says "Extensions Off" and tell me if that helps

Alex

Smithson15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2005
Alex-

I tried booting without extensions and still nothing from when I click. It doesn't feel jammed or anything and "clicks" fine.