Mouse on screen doesn't show up for about 5 min. upon waking up MBP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HappyDude20, Jul 30, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

For the longest time, months now...

Everytime I flip open my MBP the mouse on the screen fails to show up anywhere on the screen. I'll move my finger around the trackpad, and on the screen I can click on say, apps on the dock, but all without seeing a physical mouse itself on the screen. This really bugs me; considering I let my MBP sleep rather than shut it off in case I gotta open it up and do something quickly...

Is this a random error on my OSX that a simple reinstall would take care of........or que? Cause this is starting to upset me.

Some more food for thought:

My MBP gets really hot most of the time now. It's been weeks that i've seen the temp. go below 150*F. While most of the time being between 160*F & 180*F. I can understand these temps when i'm playing a movie on battery, but not right now when i'm just surfing one forum website at a time or typing away at a term paper. I mention this cause the MBP stays hot (underneath) for a good 10 minutes even after I close the MBP and throw it in my backpack.

2. Mike225 macrumors 6502a

Mike225

Heat is almost definitely from your heatsink/fan being gunked up with dust. Try to clean it out somehow.