Mouse on Screen Randomly Moves 4rm Center of Screen to Bottom Whilst Using Trackpad?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HappyDude20, Sep 29, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

So I love my 1 1/2 month old 13inch MBP.

The thing is that recently at random times throughout my day when I'm, using my Mac...my finger will be on the glass trackpad and i'll be doing something like say surfing the web or using w/e application...Well, randomly the mouse on the screen will disappear from its current location, say for example on Firefox's toolbar, immediately to the bottom of the screen. It's never the top of the screen, or the sides since it normally just causes the dock to rise up...

I'm really concerned to see what's going on here. I rarely had this problem with my old Whitebook, though admittedely did happen a few times.

Perhaps a water spill/damage? Though consider to have been very careful with my new Mac. I'm sure the glass trackpad on these new Macbook Pro's has water damage sensors right? Anyway I can see it/observe it myself.

I used to love taking apart my old whitebook but these new MBP's seem impossible; that or i'm just too scared since I do love how the machine was built.

2. lyptt macrumors newbie

My 15 inch late 2008 uMBP does this randomly, and doesn't allow for the pointer to be moved through anything other than the trackpad until you use the trackpad again, oddly I never had this with Leopard - buggy drivers perhaps?