mouse or bamboo for a developer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by al404, Feb 5, 2012.

1. al404 macrumors 6502

al404

Hi my old laser mice from logitech doesn't work any more, it wasn't very fast and i'm searching to find a new mouse... NOT WIRLESS

i bought as a replacement the first mice i found, an entry optical logitech mice... and is very fast... but kind of small, like travel mouse
    http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/mice-pointers/mice/devices/5473

so i thought that my old mice were not very good, i alway thought it was kind of slow

searching for a new mice the only one i found with a good size and laser is a microsoft one :(
    Comfort Mouse 4500 - blu laser should be the best...
    but is slow.. even with microsoft driver

so i'm wondering if is the mice size or the sensor laser / optical to make the difference
    on a 27 display is a real pain a slow mice

i saw a cheap HP optimal mouse of a good size, HP KY619AA is about 10€

i'm not searching for a cheap mouse, but for a good AND FAST one

i'was also thinking about wacom bamboo touch, i'm a developer and i code for most o my day, i can't find review on this kind of
    and i'm not even sue that is good for my hand to use that kind ok input

hope to ear something soon :(

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

"Speed" of the cursor is usually a software setting, not a hardware quality issue.

I've been favoring the Razer mice lately; they're advertised as gaming mice, but in turn that translates into precision and comfort.

You say you don't want a wireless mouse, but I still think the Logitech MX Revolution is one of the best mice ever made. You can still find them if you look hard enough.

3. JazzyFizzle macrumors member

Bamboo is usually for artists, digital painting etc.

I had a microsoft wireless mouse and it was very slow. It was heavy, and there was a delay between the mouse and the computer. Now I have a nice little wired Logitech. It has a high dpi (5000ish) and it is fast and very responsive.

My advice is to stick to wired if you want fast.

4. al404, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012

al404 thread starter macrumors 6502

al404

@miles01110 it may just a software issue but i can't get it to work correctly, i already set at the most fast speed possible

@JazzyFizzle can you tell me your mouse model? thanks

i add microsoft 4500 screenshot specs

Attached Files: