Mouse or trackpad or both!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jimmy.apple.fan, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Jimmy.apple.fan macrumors member

About to order new iMac...!!!!

What are people's thoughts on ordering the trackpad & Magic Mouse....... Or will just the mouse suffice?!? First ever iMac as finally taking the plunge to move away from Microsoft desktops therefore I don't think I could not have a mouse.....!!!!

All thoughts welcome!!

James

2. mwhities macrumors 6502a

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the trackpad. Since I only have one-arm, it allows me to go from desktop to desktop without using the hot keys. Although, I do keep a mouse attached incase my trackpad battery dies but, never happens since I swap them out when it gets low.

3. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Both.

I have the Magic TrackPad & Logitech Performance MX, not a fan of Magic Mouse.

I switch every now and then. TrackPad is amazing when playing apps like AirAttack HD.

4. 537635 macrumors 6502

Had MX Revolution. When I swithed to Mac a year ago, I bought the trackpad. Haven't used the mouse since.

5. pistooli macrumors regular

I use a Magic Trackpad for my Mac Mini and a Magic Mouse for my MBA... both are fantastic.

For an iMac I would go for the trackpad.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

7. theluggage macrumors 68040

My recommendation:

Get the Magic Trackpad as a no-cost option with the iMac. Its really worth a try (Hint: there's an option to enable 'three fingered dragging' which I find makes a huge difference).

Then go to a computer store and pick out a third-party mouse that feels comfortable to you. Mouse choice is a personal thing, and personally I wouldn't use a Magic Mouse if you paid me - too low profile, generates a false click if you collide with anything on the desk, touch sensitive top and gestures only suitable for people who can do a Vulcan salute & a tendency for the battery contacts to lose their mojo after a period of use.

I'd make a qualified recommendation for the Logitech MX Performance - the "qualification" is that after a year or so of spending way too much time playing Minecraft, the right-hand button on mine has developed a tendency towards unwanted multiple clicks.

8. Vandefilm macrumors regular

I have both and although I'm not a huge fan of the magic mouse it soods me well. But I can understand people who buy a different mouse. The problem of other mices is that they are uuuuggglyy.