Mouse-over issues 10.4

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jimmymeddy, Apr 8, 2009.

1. jimmymeddy macrumors newbie

Hi there, finally joined these forums after years of viewing and restraining from making silly comments. I've been a Mac user for about 4 years and have only just encountered this problem since i've been back from uni for Easter (on my parents' Mac too :p).

The problem occurs when I hover my mouse over things e.g. drop-down menus, apps in the dock, links on webpages etc. I'm not getting the usual highlighting or bold/underlining on links, nor are the titles of apps showing on the dock when I hover. Furthermore a central mouse click brings up scrolling arrows but moving the mouse both up and down doesn't work :confused:.

It's all rather perplexing, a reboot seems to fix the problem temporarily but it soon returns (when exactly I'm not sure as I'm not the primary user and my dad's unlikely to notice but I know something's up).

They've got a 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac Mini running OS 10.4.11, I think it was from about 2 refreshes ago but I can't remember.

Sorry for an exceedingly long post but I thought detail might help, It's good to finally be a part of these forums.

2. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

hi, I didn't want to open a new thread, so I'm having the exact same problem, is there a solution for this?