Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gruvin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2012
Hi

If I have my external monitor (22" Samsung LCD) plugged in but turned off, then the mouse pointer and/or keyboard entry (back on the main iMac desktop) pauses for about half a second, just about every second or so for the duration the external monitor remains switched off.

If I unplug or switch on the external monitor, then mouse and keyboard response is immediately restored to normal. (Other processing appears to be unaffected.)

I've had this problem for well over a year now, stretching back to OS X Snow Leopard, at least. I've been waiting patiently (mostly) for a software update to fix it. But it hasn't come. (Currently running the latest rendition of Lion 10.7.4 [updated].)

So I thought I'd ask here, to see if others might have noticed the same glitch / bug?

Last edited:

stiwi

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2010
Dubai
Did you find a solution? I experience exactly the same issue. Monitor connected to Mac Pro via mini displayport but switched off (mouse jumps), if 2nd monitor is switched on or disconnected from power socket everything is okay.

gruvin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2012
Did you find a solution? I experience exactly the same issue. Monitor connected to Mac Pro via mini display port but switched off (mouse jumps), if 2nd monitor is switched on or disconnected from power socket everything is okay.

No I did not, sorry. Problem still exists as of OS X 10.7.4.

Interesting to hear that it happens on the laptop as well. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.