mouse pointer flickering, finder acting crazy, ghost keyboard strokes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by patent10021, Nov 28, 2013.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

So this started happening only a few weeks ago and I have no idea why.

2012 Mac Mini i7 / SL before Mavericks now
    Apple wireless keyboard & Trackpad

Sometimes my pointer is flickering and I can barely enter anything. Also suddenly the finder windows will be activating off and on and I'll hear constant beeps like those Finder bad command beeps from pressing the keyboard too many times and I'll try to enter or finish a form and before I can finish or enter details the Finder has a mind of its own and presses the cancel/enter button by itself. At first I thought it was a conflict with my external WD & Seagate HDDs but it happens when no peripherals are connected. I can't test a USB keyboard either because I don't have one. I also turned off all bluetooth on all devices but no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Tofaette macrumors newbie

Keyboard sticking?

Check your keyboard very carefully to see if one of your keys is stuck. It happens to me because one of my keys sticks every now and then.

3. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

My problem is unfortunately nothing that simple.

Thanks for the advice though.

4. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

Progress....phew, was worried it was my system.

So my return key isn't stuck BUT I discovered that I can make it go away by pressing the return key. Maybe there's faulty circuitry?

I bought the keyboard in Japan but it's obviously the same keyboard everywhere. Do you think I could exchange it for a new one at a big box retailer or Apple?