Mouse pointer options

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rhyx, Feb 12, 2008.

1. rhyx macrumors 6502

I've had a PowerBook G4 for a while and whether you are using the touchpad or a USB mouse the pointer seems to slow down when you pass over clickable items such as the minimize/maximize red/green/yellow circles for windows or even over icons on the desktop. Basically pointer speed goes from about a 8 (pretty fast) down to 2 (really slow). Once I move off of the clickable item pointer speeds goes back to normal.

Is there a way to disable this default behavior? It drives me nuts to no end as my Windows machines do not do this.

In addition I have read that the acceleration curves Apple uses are not the same as found on Windows machines. This is NOT what I am talking about. I've already found a program that lets you modify these acceleration curves for the mice.

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

3. rhyx thread starter macrumors 6502

I think this is more of a "feature" to help you mouse to clickable items and not move past them. However, it is a feature I would like to turn off.

I just can't find anywhere to turn it off.

Does this happen on anyone else's machine? A simple way to test is to see if your mouse pointer speed slows down when you move over the green/yellow/red circles to close/minimize/maximize windows.

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

It works fine on my PB. Did you do what I said in the previous post? Also what OS are you using?