Mouse Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by alielizadubois, Feb 2, 2008.

1. alielizadubois macrumors member

A few months ago I started to have a mouse problem. It seems to be misaligned, and sometimes unresponsive.

When I click in safari to go "back", it sometimes doesn't respond, as if I've clicked nothing. In order to get it to work, I have to click on the top bar of the window.

Also, just as frequently, when I try to close the screen, it minimizes instead, as if the mouse is misaligned.

This is VERY annoying.

A while back I was getting kernal panics and I took the macbook to the genius bar. They suggested I reinstall the Operating System, and since then (about 6 months ago), I've only had one kernal panic (last week). They also said that they thought the reinstall would fix the mouse problem, but it didn't.

What should I do? Bring it back and have them replace the mouse pad? I have an applecare plan, so that shouldn't be a problem for me.... but is there something else going on that I can take care of myself??

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

this is a trackpad issue or mouse?

have you tried playing with the settings in system preferences to try and get them working better for your personal usage?

3. alielizadubois thread starter macrumors member

This is a problem with the button on the trackpad. I haven't played around with the settings, but this is a new problem, and I haven't changed any of the settings.