Mouse problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by will89, Sep 13, 2014.

1. will89 macrumors newbie

I hope this is the right section.
    I have an iMac,OS X 10.6.8 (it's the family's computer). I've been having some problems with the mouse.
    Sometimes when i click with the right button and I scroll over the options, they won't highlight (this happens with a wireless apple mouse and a wired microsoft optical one). I hope you can understand what I'm saying.
    Yesterday I was watching a youtube video and I wanted to open a different video on a new tab, so I click on the video and create a new tab(right click), but when i try and visit the new tab, by clicking at the top of the window, it would automatically close the new tab when i clicked on it, this went on for about three times till I decided to open a tab with the video i wanted to see with the right click and then open a different tab (with the command button and T), with nothing on it, closed it so I could see the new video.

2. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

Try making a new user account and see if the problem continues on the new account. Since it's not a mouse problem, then it's likely your version of OSX has a problem.

You can also try to fix permissions using disk utility, but I doubt that would help. Most likely you will need to reinstall OSX. Make a backup, reinstall OSX, and migrate files without settings (in case there is a bad setting).