Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ron45

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2014
Central N.M.
As usual it's mostly my own fault. My new trackpad needs 10.10.8 I think, I can go no further than XX five. It's the last OS that does not shove corporate fear and loathing down my throat. i.e. passwords. I refuse to have a password on my mac. I have no right click and probably other things I don't know about yet. Are there mac trackpads that can accomplish a right click? I need it to run in XX 5. I guess these things have been around for a while. I'd trade even, [ it's the latest version ] for one if it will completely replace a wireless mouse with right click and scroll capabilities, at least up and down.

Thanks for your time

Ron

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
OSX 10.10.5 was the last version of 10.10,
next comes 10.11.
I think maybe you are confusing 10.10 with 10.5 which did go up to 10.5.8.
And if by chance your trackpad is the latest, (as you state) then it requires 10.11 El-Capitan.
One thing for sure, you've got me totally confused.;)

ron45

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2014
Central N.M.
My question was mostly about possible alternative track pads that might work for me. And you seem to be clear about what my current OS is. So..... did you stop by just to tell me you were confused? I can empathize with that. Hope you get it worked out. I'm not much of a computer guy, so I often find myself in need of better information.

I don't keep up to date on what's out there. As long as things are working I am fairly uninterested in the hot new thing. So I was hoping there would be someone with some practical experience with possible predecessors of OMG TP2. Thanks for stopping by and all the best 2 U.

Ron

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
I'm not aware of any external trackpad other than Apple (Logitech, but PC only). I think you have a couple of choices: original track pad and an original Magic Mouse. Better Touch Tool adds options. But either of these Apple products provides scroll and right click.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
I use and love my Bamboo Pad, originally bought it because it was USB and I was tired of the issues with my Apple BT trackpad.
Anyhow this little trackpad works right out the box and only gets better after installing the wacom driver.

edit: available in either USB or Blue-tooth versions.

Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 11.47.31 PM.png

Last edited:

Pending

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2014
As usual it's mostly my own fault. My new trackpad needs 10.10.8 I think, I can go no further than XX five. It's the last OS that does not shove corporate fear and loathing down my throat. i.e. passwords. I refuse to have a password on my mac. I have no right click and probably other things I don't know about yet. Are there mac trackpads that can accomplish a right click? I need it to run in XX 5. I guess these things have been around for a while. I'd trade even, [ it's the latest version ] for one if it will completely replace a wireless mouse with right click and scroll capabilities, at least up and down.

Thanks for your time

Ron

Hi Ron,
Can you clarify more what you mean by having to use a password beyond 10.10.5?
Only I'm on 10.11.5 and passwords are not obligatory, you have a choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.