Mouse Randomly Jumps

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by parkds, Jul 20, 2011.

1. parkds macrumors regular

Since installing Lion, my mouse seems to randomly just to corners of screens when I switch between applications (in windowed mode..not fullscreen) or click on items. For example: I will click on an item in the menu bar and when I let go, my mouse will have jumped to the bottom corner of the screen. Anybody else seeing this behavior? Any ideas on a fix?

2. madmonkeys macrumors member

I have experienced this behavior too. Likely a bug that will have to be fixed in 10.7.1

3. porraboy macrumors newbie

4. SOLLERBOY macrumors 6502a

Yep, got the same thing here too. Only bug I can find though.

5. tkhan456 macrumors member

Ugh.

I've been having the same issue too. It's really really irritating since I use the hot corners for putting the display to sleep and for launch pad.:mad:

6. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

7. Kevenly macrumors regular

Kevenly

I'm using a Targus Bluetooth Mouse for Mac (which I totally love and have been using for a couple of years now). I am experiencing this issue like crazy. The cursor just randomly jumps halfway across the screen or worse. It's really bad. I thought something had gone wrong with my mouse until I booted into Windows and found all was right as rain.

8. FFArchitect macrumors regular

FFArchitect

9. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

It's another feature in Lion. It is learning where you want your mouse in the future.

/s aside, happens to me all the time. Today I have to revert to SL for other nasty problems, this being the least of them.