Mouse recommendation for riMac / Yosemite

Discussion in 'iMac' started by pasadena, Jan 26, 2015.

1. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

Hi all,

I've been using Logitech MX Anywhere mouse for years (ever since they discontinued the VX nano, which was the best mouse ever made). I have several MXA, which I use at home (mac) or at work (windows).

I replaced a rMBP with a riMac last fall. My mouse was working just fine on the MBP, even after I upgraded to Yosemite.

However, it never worked quite right on the iMac, with a fresh install of Yosemite. The click was unreliable (double click instead of single click, or no click at all) and it got worse and worse, until I finally stopped using it.

The same mouse works perfectly on my MBA (Yosemite upgrade) and on my work laptop (Win7), so this is not a hardware problem. I did clean it and double check the mechanism.

Things I tried :

- Reinstalled (several times) Logitech Control Center (same version on all macs)
    - Cleaned and checked mouse mechanism.
    - Switched this mouse with the one (same model) i use on my Windows laptop - same problem.
    - Tried all USB ports, and a hub sitting on the front of the iMac.

Now, I'm using Apple's trackpad, but I don't like it on a desktop. So I'm in the market for a nice, small, light, simple mouse to replace the MXA. One other requirement is that it has middle click.

I did try the Magic Mouse back in the day, but didn't like it (triggered really bad hand/wrist pain). I've been a Logitech user forever.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks !

Note - no gaming mouse needed.

2. kathbarr macrumors newbie

left click problem

I think this problem started for me when I installed Yosemite. Every time I left click..It right clicks(or almost every time). The problem gets to be ergonomic too..As you have to click-way over to the left.
    Here is a weirder part-after alot of other issues with yosemite, I decided to reinstall mavericks..And the same problem occurred though it had not on previous mavericks . I then thought it was magic mouse so bought another mouse microsoft wedge-very small so you can easily reach left side..But no exact same problem.
    So I am thinking it does have to do with apple software..but mavericks was installed on empty partitian??
    The long and short is-in all the years I have used OSX, I have never had any mouse problem..It is more than annoying..It is out of control so that mistakes can happen..At bad times..Banking, buying typing passwords, forms. This slows down work monumentally and seems so elementary a problem..Should be happening in the 1980s NOT 2015! But I am wondering if alot of other people are experiencing this-or is it only a few for some reason?

3. Fishrrman macrumors G3

Don't use Logitech Control Center.

Use either "USB Overdrive" or "SteerMouse" instead.

Either works great with Logitech mice, and they're not "bloatware" like Logitech's app is....

4. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

As far as mouse recommendations, I use the Logitech Performance MX
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Performance-Mouse-Mac/dp/B002HWRJBM

I use the Logitech Control Center on Yosemite with no problem.