Mouse Recommendation Please

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Washac, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Washac, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013

Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

OK, following my last post regarding the Razer Deathadder 2013 that refuses to work Under everything stated by Razer can anybody recommend an all round wired mouse that will work pretty much hassle free under........

Leopard 10.6.8
    Mountain Lion 10.8.2
    Bootcamp/Windows 7

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have a cheap, wired Logitech mouse I keep in a drawer for troubleshooting and I have yet to find a Windows or Mac machine it would not work with by just plugging it in. This looks like the newer version of what I have.

3. Giuly, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

I used to have the Logitech MX500 and G5, they were awesome mice with great ergonomics. Everything worked out of the box. The successors to the MX500 is pretty much the Logitech G400, and the G5 was succeeded by the Logitech G500.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

If you wanted the Razor, those will be for you.

4. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I have a box full of IBM/Lenovo mice that I have used on 2 Mac mi is and an iMac with no problems.

Still prefer the touch surface on the Magic Mouse.

5. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

Logitech m510 is a really nice mouse that i use on my mac mini. As its more fitting to the hand than the magic mouse and i hate track pads. In my opinion the gimmicky use of gestures you can do with the track pad and parts of the magic mouse suck.

6. someoldguy macrumors 65816

Look around for a Logitech V470 . It's a bluetooth mouse , been using one as a laptop/travel mouse for a few years , good battery life , connects right up on boot ,plus it doesn't tie up a usb port. Don't know if Logitech still makes them , but they were on Amazon a couple of weeks back .

7. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

We have one of those already family members use it on a laptop :)

I really need something a bit bigger than that little blue wonder which is I must say a real good little mouse, we have had it ages and still works like new.

----------

Thanks for the recommendations so far they are all going on my recommended to buy list.

8. pingfan59 macrumors member

I would give the Logitech MX series mouse a try. I also use the razer Orochi which comes with the option of connecting wired or Bluetooth that has worked great for me.

9. turtlez macrumors 6502a

turtlez

i got a notebook wired mouse from ebay for $2 and i love it hahaha. I am not a cheapskate either. A friend of mine got one and I saw how nice it was to use (comfort) and responds just as well as a $100 mouse

10. iWeekend macrumors regular

My "go to" mouse is whatever M$ wired mouse is on sale at the time.

Fits my hand great and have no need for the uber gaming features anyways....