Mouse sensitivity Mac VS PC out of the box

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by boonlar, Jan 24, 2009.

1. boonlar macrumors 6502

How fast would you say an out of the box mac vs a pc is configured in terms of the mouse pointer speed? For some reason I find that PCs have the sensitivity way up compared to macs. I know you can adjust it and all but I'm just wondering what your experiences are with this.

2. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

The Mac is set extremely slow out of the box. But it's not easy to compare because Windows has a 'flat' acceleration while the Mac has a more refined curve.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I noticed this as well, whats funny is that if you connect a wireless mighty mouse to a windows pc, the pointer speed goes really slow again. So im not sure whats going on, i think its the mice, and not the operating system.

4. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

What a strange post. The speed of both systems are full adjustable, so it doesn't really matter.

5. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Yeah I've found that by just changing the mouse the experience changes completely on OS X, but not so much on Windows.

6. erstwhilepo macrumors member

I had a wireless Mighty Mouse, but gave it to my wife and got an ordinary usb wireless mouse to take its place. The Mighty Mouse felt comfortable and was sturdy, but I found it difficult to use / navigate with mainly due to the button configuration...