Mouse settings

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mercellus, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Mercellus macrumors regular

I have a bit of a dilemma.

I connected a bluetooth Mighty Mouse to my new MacBook Pro yesterday but didn't realize that the scroll wheel wasn't working correctly, so I decided to just attach a wired USB mouse to the computer and all is well, except for one thing - the USB mouse shares the same mapping as the Mighty Mouse (middle-click for Dashboard, etc).

How can I return these settings to the factory default?

Thank you in advance!

2. Mercellus thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone know? Or should I just re-connect the Mighty Mouse and configure the settings the way that they were prior to connecting it to my computer?

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

While I don't have a Mighty Mouse to simulate this, have you looked at the settings in the "Mouse" tab of the "Keyboard and Mouse" preference pane in your Systems Preferences to check out the options there?

I am assuming you have not installed any other software to control your mouse yet (Logitech Control Center, USB Overdrive, SteerMouse, etc.).

4. Mercellus thread starter macrumors regular

No other mouse software installed. When I have the Mighty Mouse disconnected, the Mouse tab goes back to the normal layout, whereas when the Mighty Mouse is connected it gives you options for button mapping. I'll have to take a look further tonight when I get home.