Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
my xp is running just fine, playing video while listening to music are doing ok.

but sometimes when i restart the macbook and going back to xp, the mouse is kinda lagging/stuttering. when i double click an icon to open an application. it kinda stutters then back to normal. and playing video while doing some application will make the video stutters too.

if the other time im turning on this xp on macbook again. it just sometimes normal, and the other time restarts could be with this stuttering problems.

any idea?

im using macbook 1,83 duo with 1.2GB of ram.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
could be the uneven ram. pairing RAM is suppose to aid the GPU and having it not paired could be making it finicky when switching from XP to OSX. XP does throw more RAM at the GPU than OSX does.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
so using a paired rams could be fixing this problem? then i gotta get another 1gb of ram to make this a matching ram.

more money wasting though since i dont need the use of 2gb of ram.

Xephian

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
United States
aleni said:
so using a paired rams could be fixing this problem? then i gotta get another 1gb of ram to make this a matching ram.

more money wasting though since i dont need the use of 2gb of ram.
No, I have the same problem in another thread and I have paired RAM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.