Mouse tracking

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Son of Matrix, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Son of Matrix macrumors regular

Son of Matrix

I am trying to use an optical wired mouse after I realised that the button of my trackpad is going to be worn out fast, as I can feel something under there that is going to break. I can hear two noises when I click the button. Not sure whether you guys can feel the same thing.

Anyway, I'm starting to use a mouse now but somehow it feels really weird. At first I thought it's being slow after maxing out the mouse speed. Then I installed MZOOM to make it faster. But the weird thing is when I move mouse for just a bit, the cursor seems to very slow, like it's not sensitive. And I have used a lot of patience to bring it somewhere that I want to click.

I can move the mouse everywhere on the screen quite fast but when I want to click or move it to a specific point, I need to put my cursor somewhere around the point and slowly move it to the exact point. It's just feel weird. I don't have that kind of problem in my bootcamp Windows Vista. I have adjusted the speed of the mouse but it feels the same.

Anyone has any ideas? Thank you in advance!

2. 7even macrumors 6502a

OSX has nifty acceleration-sensitive cursor movement to make fine movements easier with the mouse. Windows has linear movement - the cursor moves the same distance no matter how fast you move the mouse. Maybe your mouse just isn't very sensitive - low dpi? I've never had the "slowness" problem with my 1800dpi optical mouse... Also, a regular cheap Dell mouse reacts about as quick as the default setting on the built-in touchpad, but I think I need to bump the sensitivity down when I use my mouse at home.

3. Son of Matrix thread starter macrumors regular

Son of Matrix

ahh...maybe it's my cheap mouse then...Thanks for the reply. :)

4. Moriarty macrumors 6502

I have a cheap mouse, and I love OS X's mouse movement compared to Windoze. The acceleration thing is good for accuracy, it's supposed to be there, and I love it :D. It's also present on the trackpad as well, just for a basis of comparison to make sure the mouse isn't glitchy.

5. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

Might be because it's sticky, or something is stuck underneath. I have the same problem.

Cleaning it out this way might help you:
    http://www.fivecentnickel.com/2007/11/18/fixing-a-macbook-pro-trackpad-button-that-sticks/

--

By the way, thanks for the bit about the tracking acceleration speed. That's pretty nifty.