mouse/trackpad choice

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Z6128, May 4, 2011.

1. Z6128 macrumors regular

Does anyone know if the option of the magic mouse or magic trackpad is only available when purchasing online or if you can choose in store?

2. techhead42 macrumors member

I'm not too sure about what you have asked. I am having a debate with myself about whether to buy a magic mouse or a magic mouse and a track pad. I can see benefits of having both but in reviews I have seen accuracy is an issue with some programs using the track pad, such as video editing etc.
    Anyone have an opinion?

3. Z6128 thread starter macrumors regular

i plan on buying one of the newly released iMacs in the next two weeks, and you now have the option (at least when ordering from the online Apple store) to choose whether you want the Magic Mouse OR the Magic Trackpad. I'm not a fan of the mouse but love the trackpad. So if I went into an Apple Store to purchase my iMac I was wondering if you can also choose which one you want in-store or if it is an online only thing.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I believe it's only a CTO option. Standard retail packs in the MM.

5. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yeah I asked at the store earlier today before I bought mine (first iMac!) and they can't swap out the mouse for the trackpad.

6. BEL86 macrumors newbie

Tendinitis/Carpal Tunnel

Which option do you think is better for those with Tendinitis/Carpal Tunnel?

7. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

We all have different sensitivities but the Magic Mouse hurts my hand after a few minutes. I use a logitech mouse and a Kensington trackball for photo work.

Ergonomics is a funny thing since Apple includes diagrams in their paper manuals with computers yet the iMac does not have adjustable screen height. I guess they want you to buy a new desk and chair.