Mouse upside down after login

upthetoffees

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Hi all,

latest OSX version with updates - mac mini 2018. Razer mouse (not relevant though I would have thought).

Have this issue that is driving me insane as it's hard to google. When I login to the mac mini 2018, the mouse is reversed for up/down. When I move the mouse up, the cursor goes down and when I move the mouse down it goes up. After I have logged in, it's normal.

Any ideas please?

I am not using scroll direction: natural when logging in (it's deselected) but should also not be relevant as I am talking about mouse movement, not page scroll. And it's prelogin.

Last edited:

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I am a bit confused by your post: Title is "Mouse upside down after login", but your say further down, that "After I have logged in, it's normal."
So, you have reversed cursor movement only on the login screen, and fixes itself after you get to the normal desktop, correct?

Is that a wired USB, or wireless mouse? Razer sells both. Which Razer model do you have?

Lots of settings load in after login, and mouse control settings would be one of those...
Have you tried installing the Razer mouse software (pretty sure it is part of the Synapse app.)
OR - if you already have that Synapse app installed, you could try uninstalling that app, then restarting.

Finally - have you tried a different mouse?

Reactions: upthetoffees

upthetoffees

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Thanks Delta, very helpful.

Yes I meant before login but after booting up. Login screen is where it is affected.

It is a wired first gen deathadder 3500 dpi 3.5G. And yes I installed the Synapse soft this evening, same result but I have only imported an older cloud profile that allows forward back side buttons for surfing.

So your last question was also interesting. I rebooted, mouse still inverted with the razer. I unplugged and plugged in an older mouse I used to use - Logitech G5, no issues! Scrolls the right way. So before even logging in, I again switched, back to the Razer and it's all inverted again so it seems it's the Razer doing this. The razer is my main mouse for PC (gaming, surfing etc). So I will switch the approach from it being an OSX issue to mouse incompatibility.

thanks a lot DeltaMac!

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Hmm... :confused: software issue, then... (or the Razer mouse is just not compatible)
So --- trying to understand why you would need to move the mouse cursor on the login screen? (Tab and return would seem to be all you would need.
Do you have File Vault enabled? (with its own login). If you do use File Vault, try turning that off