Mouse Wackiness in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SPUY767, Feb 15, 2010.

1. SPUY767 macrumors 68000

SPUY767

Among other Macs, I have a 2006 Mac Pro Dual 3.0. On this computer, any and all iterations of 10.6, even the install disk, exhibit peculiar and unwanted mouse behavior. For instance, I might be moving the cursor across the screen, and it will pause for the tiniest fraction of a second, and then leap to a point that is much further than it would have been if it had just kept moving at its current velocity. Anyone seen anything like this?

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Sounds to me like a physical mouse issue - purely because it also happens on the Install Disk. Which kindve mouse do you use with this system??

3. SPUY767 thread starter macrumors 68000

SPUY767

Not a mouse issue. I have used every mouse under the sun with this machine, The original Mighty Mouse, the One button job that came with it, A Logitech G35, a microsoft intellimouse. All behave the same, it's a software issue, and it's not the computer's usb bus or anything like that either. As this issue makes graphic design work incredibly tedious, I've been using Windows 7 for the last three months to do my work and the mouse doesn't exhibit the same issues. Oh, and it doesn't do the same thing under 10.5.