Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric-PTEK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Brought home my new Trackpad all excited to try it out.

Little tight on desk space but it serves its purpose.

I have a new 2010 MB Pro which I was using with a BT MS notebook mouse with no problems.

Install the Trackpad and its smooth as can be but now the mouse is choppy, likes its missing every other movement, everything from moving windows to moving through the dock.

Turn off the track pad the mouse problem remains. Mouse worked perfect before installing the trackpad.

Anyone else using both and having an issue?

Asolo

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2010
Guess I'm resurrecting an old thread, but...yes. I'm in exactly the same boat. I brought my trackpad from work home one weekend and tried it out at home. Installed the drivers via software update, works like a dream...until you grab the mouse. you can move the mouse a small amount and it was jump clear across the desktop. Doesn't matter if the trackpad is on.

I *love* the trackpad...but it's not the best tool for all things...so I need both mouse and it. Did you ever find out any more information related to your mouse jerkiness?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.