Mouse - which one? Logitech Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by orangecoat, Aug 31, 2008.

1. orangecoat macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I own a MBP, just about trying to move over to it from my windows machine. Only stress at the moment is finding a mouse.

Currently use a logitech MX610 for my windows pc, and it been brilliant for the time I've owned it. And Still is! Only issue is plugging it into the mac. Works, but I don't seem to be able to get the settings right, acceleration seems strange and it seems to 'jump' a little. My wirst is starting to hurt already. Wondered if anybody has had similar experiences. I think the problem may be because is there is no OSX logitech driver for this mouse, annoyingly the one after this model there is. I have tried the MX620 software/driver but no luck :(

I've attempted USB overdrive, I've not tried hard at it but I only seemed to be able to make it worse.

Looks like its time for a new mouse!
    Considering getting another logitech with drivers available
    I'm considering the MX Revolution.Be good to know if anyone has found any models any good & drivers/software to be good.

One thing for sure, is I do not want a Mighty Mouse, I've test one and found the precision to be awful. (although resolution seems the same as MX610 @ 800dpi). So don't know what happening here? Bluetooth just not up to it?

I've done a few searches about mice, some available but this seemed to be more specific so I started a Thread. Thanks.

MX Revolution
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/130&cl=gb,en

MX610:
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/168&cl=gb,en (I do have the right hand version, but they are the same)

2. msprouls macrumors member

msprouls

Check out SteerMouse works great, I have used it with Apple MM and now with a Logitech VX Revolution. I did not care for USB Overdrive myself

3. Trip.Tucker Guest

Steermouse is awesome! I can't recommend this enough!

4. tdgrn macrumors 6502

I have this mouse as well (mx610) I know what you are talking about with the jumpiness of the mouse. Do you have your wireless router next to the computer anywhere? Once I moved this away from the computer, I haven't had a problem with this mouse at all.

5. orangecoat thread starter macrumors newbie

wow! fast replies!

I'll check out steermouse

In regrades to how close my wireless router is: in another room. The MBP Airport I guess could interfere. But it works fine with my windows machine which is close. I think this is a mouse/driver issue.

Jumpiness does happen on windows now and then, but its a altogether different 'jump'. Like the connection problem you have described.

6. orangecoat thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tested steermouse,

and it seems to be almost perfect thanks.
    Think I'll have to adjust the settings somewhat.

Differicult to decide if I should be adding more to tracking speed or increasing sensitivity.!?!? Done a little of both so far.

Thanks

Now all I need is a keyboard :) No going for the lastest apple one, don't think i'll like it. Draw back to not having apple keyboard the different keyboard symbols. Considering looking for a older apple keyboard the white and clear one!

7. Trip.Tucker Guest

1.0 and 300 will give you the same feel as the Windows acceleration curve.