mousepad?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Shannighan, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

what is the best mouse pad you can buy?
    i was looking for a really good one for a laser mouse, i have used laser and optical mice with cloth mouse pads and on some of them the mouse pointer gitters when you move it because the pad is reflecting light.

the reason i ask is because im currently using a ball mouse with no pad and logitech just sent a MX rev with bluetooth through the FCC so when thats released ill be buying one and using it, but i need a pad

i was looking at those iceMats but they say that they are only for ball mice.

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I just use a cloth pad. My OS X Panther mouse pad I got from the release. I find it works well with the laser. I am using a MX Revolution btw.

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

I've been using self-healing cutting mats as mouse pads for many years. They protect the desk from scratches and provide a good mousing surface. They also have the advantage of being available at any good stationery store for minimal cost =]

4. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Unless your desktop is glass or highly glossy, there's no need for a mouse pad with laser mice.

5. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

True, but unless you keep your desk scrupulously clean, it'll stop the mouse picking up crud from the desk surface and may also improve the 'feel' of the mouse movement.

6. Shannighan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

well my actual desk top is glass and the keyboard & mouse drawr is metal with holes in it:

[​IMG]
    EDIT: wow the glass looks filthy in that picture, i know its not because im sitting right in front of it :S

7. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

So you have a laser mouse and it doesn't work on the hole-dotted surface without a mouse pad?

p.s. It's the wall that's dirty which we're seeing behind your glass desktop.

8. Shannighan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

no im going to buy the logitech MX when they release their bluetooth one:
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/31/logitechs-mx-revolution-goes-bluetooth-at-the-fcc/

and i checked the wall that wasnt it, i figured that it was a mixture of shadows from the cords, and finger prints that i could not see but the camera could because of the flash and the angle so i just did a quick wipe down with some windex

9. Zeeinnm macrumors member

My Fav

I have a MouseRug and I think it is the best I have ever had. The mouse runs very smoothly on it and it does not abrade the hand.

10. bbydon macrumors 6502a

i use a black desk pad from staples its 24"X36"

I never have to worry where my mousepad is because the whle thing is a freaking mousepad