mov splitter?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LeorD, Sep 19, 2008.

1. LeorD macrumors member

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

3. LeorD thread starter macrumors member

look what i want is to take 1 mov file probably 4.5 GB and i want to split it to2.25GB X2 and not like hjsplit that you need to join them just two separate parts oh the same mov movie..

4. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

MPEG Streamclip will let you losslessly trim files. So what you would do is:

- open up your big file
    - find the frame at which you want to split the movie
    - press 'o' which sets the 'out point'
    - press command-T or go to Edit->Trim. The first part of the movie should be all that remains.
    - Go to File->Save As..., select the proper container (avi, mp4, mov, whatever your file currently is), name your file accordingly and save. You now have the first part of your split movie.

To do the second half, repeat the process, except press 'i' instead of 'o' at your split point... this'll select the second part of the movie instead of the first.

Hope this helps!

5. Shadyriley macrumors 6502

I have this same question. I used screen recording software and the video is saved as .mov. I try uploading it to youtube but its too long. I've spent the last two long unfulfilling hours researching this forum and other places to no avail. The MPEG software doesn't work...makes the video look very strange and turns the images sideways, pretty useless. I tried using Parallels and transfered the file over to use PC software but crappy windows doesn't recognize .mov files. So frustrating. All I wanna do is upload my #$#$! video! I also tried using imovie but omg its so confusing idk what the hell im doing. Why cant this just be easy...its Mac..its supposed to be easier.

6. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Quicktime Pro: open file, select what you want, copy. Paste into new file.

Whether it's worth the 20-something price is up to you.

7. LDUBBS macrumors newbie