Move books to iPad from Mac

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Beachguy, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

I have a bunch of books I created that are housed on my Mac. I'd like to move them to my iPad 2 since it is easier to carry. These are mainly manuals, references and tutorials.

Is there an easy way to do so? I've emailed on or two and it worked fine, but I have a large number of them I'd like to move.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

If they are PDF you can just stick them in iTunes and sync them to iBooks.

B

3. Beachguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

No, I converted some to epub, some to mobi a while back for Kindle on my laptop.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

ePub works that way too. Any non-DRM ePub can just be added to iTunes to sync.

If you want .mobi and Kindle, you need to find another way.

B

5. Beachguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

Mostly, I have epub stuff, so I'll try that. I can still handle sending the monbi files via email since there are fewer.

Massive thanks!

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

There are ways to convert Mobi to ePub, just google "convert Mobi to ePub" and you'll find a bunch of online converters and programs that can convert them locally.

Also, you can get the Kindle app, then drag and drop the mobi files into the Kindle app in iTunes. Click on the ipad icon in itunes, go to the Apps tab, scroll down, and you'll see a box where there is a list of apps that can accept files, and Kindle should be there.

7. Beachguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

8. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

There's also Dropbox, which I tend to find less annoying than syncing things via iTunes.

9. poloponies macrumors 68030

You don't need to sync. If you select the "manually manage" button on the main iPad screen in iTunes you just drag and drop media onto the iPad icon in iTunes.