Move books to iPad from Mac

Beachguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Florida, USA
I have a bunch of books I created that are housed on my Mac. I'd like to move them to my iPad 2 since it is easier to carry. These are mainly manuals, references and tutorials.

Is there an easy way to do so? I've emailed on or two and it worked fine, but I have a large number of them I'd like to move.

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
No, I converted some to epub, some to mobi a while back for Kindle on my laptop.
ePub works that way too. Any non-DRM ePub can just be added to iTunes to sync.

If you want .mobi and Kindle, you need to find another way.

B

Beachguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Florida, USA
Mostly, I have epub stuff, so I'll try that. I can still handle sending the monbi files via email since there are fewer.

Massive thanks!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
There are ways to convert Mobi to ePub, just google "convert Mobi to ePub" and you'll find a bunch of online converters and programs that can convert them locally.

Also, you can get the Kindle app, then drag and drop the mobi files into the Kindle app in iTunes. Click on the ipad icon in itunes, go to the Apps tab, scroll down, and you'll see a box where there is a list of apps that can accept files, and Kindle should be there.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
There's also Dropbox, which I tend to find less annoying than syncing things via iTunes.

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
You don't need to sync. If you select the "manually manage" button on the main iPad screen in iTunes you just drag and drop media onto the iPad icon in iTunes.