Move contacts and calendar from iPhone to Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cams, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Cams macrumors regular

The hard drive in my MacBook bit the dust last night. I've spend much of today rebuilding it -- all my data is backed up but not apps, libraries, contacts, etc. Lesson learned.

All my contacts and iCal data is in my iPhone. I haven't fired up iTunes since the reinstall. Is there a way of getting that data from the iPhone onto the MacBook? I'm running Leopard.

I use SpanningSync to sync contacts and calendars between Google and the MacBook but I'm a bit concerned that switching on SpanningSync will wipe out the data on Google, rather than have it suck the data from Google to the MacBook.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just hook it up to iTunes. For safety, backup your iPhone first, click Transfer Purchases to get your apps onto iTunes, and then sync the contacts and calendar (and all the other stuff on the Info tab). You can also sync the ringtones. You can use 3rd party programs to get everything else off (e.g., expod for music, etc.).

It's that easy.