Move iLife from one Mac to another? (Lost DVD)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by netdog, Oct 3, 2010.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I reformatted my Mac and went to get my iLife Family Pack disk out of the box and it isn't there.

I don't have iLife 09 on any system discs, and now I can't open my iPhoto library on my Mac Pro.

With iLife 11 reportedly close, I am really reluctant to shell out for another copy. Is there any way to move my iPhoto and iWeb from my MBP to my Mac Pro? I tried dumping iPhoto into applications but that wasn't enough. I only backed up my Home directory and not my system or system library.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Your iPhoto Library is by default stored in ~/Pictures/iPhoto Library (~ refers to your user folder, which you said you backed up). Moving that library to the MBP, and then holding down the Option key while you launch iPhoto so you can choose the library will work for that.

For iWeb, you'll have to move ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain.sites2 to the same location on the other computer. If you've worked on any sites on the MBP, back up that file first so you can get those sites back later.

jW