iPhone X Move iPhone From AT&T to T-Mobile

PTVMan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Since upgrading to an iPhone XS Max I no longer need my iPhone X. The iPhone X will be unlocked by ATT when I pay off the balance of the installment agreement this week. Once unlocked can I give the iPhone X to my sister and she can use on T-Mobile?

Appleloves22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
Since upgrading to an iPhone XS Max I no longer need my iPhone X. The iPhone X will be unlocked by ATT when I pay off the balance of the installment agreement this week. Once unlocked can I give the iPhone X to my sister and she can use on T-Mobile?
Yep. That’s exactly what I did. I gave it to my nephew who has T-Mobile. Actually, Att has not billed me yet for the remaining amount I owed because I’m supposed to send it back. Since my contract was upgraded, I was able to request an unlock and shortly within an hour, I got the email back saying my phone has been unlocked. I’ll just pay off the remaining installment amount when they bill me.

TedJustAdmitit

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2010
Yeah, not every iPhone XS Max is created equal. Have had only one issue and that was wireless charging didn't work and was fixed with a reboot. Phone works great, but Verizon won't let me add it on their Network from AT&T, claims it won't work and doesn't have a CDMA antenna (uh, yeah right). Hopefully they read their training manuals and get in line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.