iPhone X Move iPhone From AT&T to T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PTVMan, Oct 2, 2018.

1. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

Since upgrading to an iPhone XS Max I no longer need my iPhone X. The iPhone X will be unlocked by ATT when I pay off the balance of the installment agreement this week. Once unlocked can I give the iPhone X to my sister and she can use on T-Mobile?

2. clarencek macrumors regular

In theory if it’s unlocked it should be usable on t mobile.

3. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 68000

Do not upgrade to the XS till Apple fixes these major problems

4. Appleloves22 macrumors 6502a

Appleloves22

Yep. That’s exactly what I did. I gave it to my nephew who has T-Mobile. Actually, Att has not billed me yet for the remaining amount I owed because I’m supposed to send it back. Since my contract was upgraded, I was able to request an unlock and shortly within an hour, I got the email back saying my phone has been unlocked. I’ll just pay off the remaining installment amount when they bill me.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

It should work fine.

As far as your MAX, hope you enjoy. Mine have operated without flaw so do not listen to the naysayers.

Enjoy!

6. PTVMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

I already upgraded and haven't encountered one single problem. Stop posting absolutes and universal, sweeping negatives.

7. TedJustAdmitit macrumors 6502

TedJustAdmitit

Yeah, not every iPhone XS Max is created equal. Have had only one issue and that was wireless charging didn't work and was fixed with a reboot. Phone works great, but Verizon won't let me add it on their Network from AT&T, claims it won't work and doesn't have a CDMA antenna (uh, yeah right). Hopefully they read their training manuals and get in line.