Move iTunes Library from Mac to pc?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tman07, Mar 10, 2010.

1. tman07 macrumors regular

Ok guys and girls, I need help. I know its moving in the wrong direction (long story... but i WILL BE BACK to Apple..) but if you know anything about this, it will help a ton!

My problem-
    I've Mroogled, googled, and searched high and low for an answer- and i could only find old info (itunes 7!). Is there a way to move my library (itunes 9.0.3) over to PC (Win 7) without losing anything? I have lots of playlists I would love to keep as well as play counts.

Forgive me if i missed something in my search... But i did search, i promise!

Thanks a ton

TJ

*itunes manages and adds songs to my library when i add a song~*

2. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

Its easy. Go to the iTunes folder on your mac (probably at username/Music/iTunes). Copy that folder onto an external hard drive, dvd, or something similar. Then put it into the My Music folder on your windows computer. That should be it. If there was already an iTunes folder on your pc, check to make sure there is no music, apps, tv shows, movies, etc. in it. If there is nothing in it, delete it. If there is something in it, move that iTunes folder somewhere else, and move the one from your mac there. You can reimport the content from that original pc itunes folder later.

3. tman07 thread starter macrumors regular

Sweet! I was hoping it was going to be that easy, but after seeing what had to be done for itunes 7 i was worried.

Thanks very much!