Move iTunes to Win7

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jimmy83, Feb 10, 2009.

1. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Iam dual booting with vista as my main OS and win7 and my other one. Iam using win 7 loads now, and want to move or install iTunes again on my other partition.

The only thing iam not sure about is that you have to authorize your iPhone, and I think I can only do it once more. Is there a way round that for future use?

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

If you're talking about purchased music/applications/movies and the like, you can have up to 5 (I'm fairly certain) authorizations at once. You can, however, deauthorize a device and free it up for another. Through iTunes, in one of the menus (Store?) there is a deauthorize option you can select.

Apple also let's one deauthorize all of their devices altogether once a year, which used to be in your account settings (access the Store through iTunes, click on the login/screenname button in the upper right hand corner of the Store window, login, then click it again and retype your pass to access your acount settings.

That deauthorize option may only show up if all 5 are in use, though you should be able to call support and have them do it for you if it isn't available. The usualy excuse is losing or selling a computer/iPod/HDD which wasn't deauthorized properly.

3. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

So you don't have OSX at all ??

4. Trip.Tucker Guest

Which version of OS X do you have? 10.4, 10.5?

5. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816