Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK
Hi

I have an old Macbook Pro with 10.4 on it and have just bought a new iMac with 10.5 on (of course) and I transfered all my mail over by taking the Mail folder in the user library and copying it to my new computer. So this moved all my mail and accounts. However, my issue is that some of my mail when I click on it in my inbox will appear blank when trying to view it, but they still keep their 'from', 'subject', 'date received' info. Is there a better way of transferring my mail over? Or can I fix it without having too?

What can I do?! I still have my mail on my old mac, but I want to get rid of and can't till this is fixed. I would appreciate, any help, thanks.

aicul

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
no cars, only boats
Did you copy over the preferences file com.apple.mail.plist?

If you use IMAP, you should open mail and do cmd-0 (menu window/activity). You may notice that mail is trying to re-synch your mail folder. That will can take some time, but once complete you will be up and running.

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK
I don't think it is his as there is no activity going on my my activity window in Mail, what else could I possible try to fix this? Its really important and would appreciate any help what so ever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.