Move Mouse over three Monitors; Top

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Oblap960, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Oblap960 macrumors newbie

If anyone would be so kind to reply.

I have three monitors set up using tiger...as it is now I need to move the mouse to the far right of the second monitor to get to the third monitor. Is there a way to have the mouse go to the top of my 1st and 2nd monitor and access the third monitor ?

:apple:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Check out the Displays preference pane.

Attached Files:

3. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

If only you had leopard, you would love spaces. Set up a space on each monitor and move between them easily.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Uh, you've never used multiple monitors, have you? That's not how it works.

Attached Files:

5. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Actually, it's the opposite. I have only dabbled with Spaces. I expected the mouse would move to the open app but, alas, it stays on the current screen.

You can certainly set up spaces with multiple displays as I had indicated, I just should have checked if the mouse actually moved before advising.

It would be a good addition or option to add to Spaces to make it more functional.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Oh! So, OP, you have two monitors on the level and a third ABOVE them, and you want to reorganize them as they are in real space!

Yeah, drag them around in the Displays preference pane until you have the results you want.

Is your setup like this?

[​IMG]

7. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Yes.. I got this from BlueRevolution's post. I was trying to find a way to get the mouse to jump to the app for oblap960. Actually, I now find this annoying as there seems to be no solution; not even a third party app. I guess I am so accustomed to doing it, I just accepted it without thinking.

Even though my set up is only dual display, I do find it annoying to traverse about with the mouse to get to where I need to be. This thread has me searching for a solution.

Window's users points are well taken when they indicate the usefulness of the menu bar at the top of each window, rather than on the main window in a multiple display set up.

8. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

If it's quick access to the menubar you need, and you don't want to have to drag your mouse pointer, what's wrong with ctrl-F2? It works on my keyboard, and makes the focus the first item in the menubar (the apple). Very similar to pressing <alt> when using a Windows program.

9. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

*sigh*

The best I have found is a utility called Deja Menu that produces a fly out menu of the main screen. While that saves some mouse movement if you have to menu, it still doesn't get the mouse to where I want it to be.

I explored spaces a little as an alternative to multiple monitors. One of the things I like to do is put FCX timeline on one monitor and the Canvas window on another. I couldn't move just the canvas to a space.

This issue would be a nice little app challenge for a developer.

10. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

That's a good hot key to know. Thanks.

I still like the Deja Menu method of having the menu on the same screen.

There is still the issue of getting the mouse to an app or window on another screen.

11. Oblap960 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to everyone

First time using a forum and I have to say it won't be my last...dont think I will ever call another technical support line again.

:apple: