Move multiple emails to Finder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by philstone, May 13, 2012.

1. philstone macrumors 6502

I need to find a way of moving multiple emails at a time into Finder - Postbox can do it but it seems buggy and slow, can anyone recommend any other options? Sparrow will but names the files with a bizarre number.
    Mail.app will move individual emails and names them the subject, which is perfect however I have a need to move multiple at a time..

Thanks

Phil

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

In Mail.app you can't just Option-click (or Shift Click) multiple e-mails and move them to the Finder?

3. philstone thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, you can pick them but it won't let you drop them into finder.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

How about copy/pasting them into a Finder window?

5. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Mail won't do it. Even if you Save As... it assumes you want the emails concatenated into one document.

Not much call to do this, so I expect you're gonna have to muddle on one-by-one. With something like Leap you can drop more than one, but then you wind up with the naming problem since the mail isn't kept with the subject name, but with database type identifiers.

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I just ran into this one.

FWIW Outlook 2011 does this just fine which is why I ran into trouble porting my workflow from a machine with Outlook to one with only Mail.app.

Fortunately for mm, my need was actually to save the attachments from messages which is easier in Mail.app. Select multiple messages, File -> Save Attachments (which doesn't work in Outlook) works fine here and saves me the step of running uudeview from my shell script.

B