Move Notes from 4S to 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kapalua12, Oct 30, 2013.

1. kapalua12 macrumors 6502

Some of my 4S (running IOS 6.__) "notes" were synched with iCloud and transferred to my new 5S when I bought the 5S.

Unknowingly many of my 4S notes are set to not sync with the cloud and I want them on my 5S. The 4S is no longer activated to iCloud.

The iMac my 4S with IOS 6.___ that I have been synching it to, has the notes backed up on it but my 5S has IOS 7.___

How can I easily move those 4S notes to my 5S?

I hope all that is clear! Thanks!

2. bgro macrumors 6502a

Are the notes that aren't synced from your 4S from one of your email accounts as opposed to an "iCloud" note?

3. kapalua12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for replying. The notes that do not synchronize via iCloud are in the From My Mac section. The 3 choices are All Notes, From My Mac and All Notes.

Come to think of it they might be on my iPad which synchs to the same computer. I do not see any way in which they could be associated with an e mail account.

What to do?

4. bgro macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if there is a better way than what I'm about to suggest...

Copy the notes that are "From My Mac" into new notes that are iCloud based on your Mac..then these "new" notes will seamlessly transfer to your iPHone because they are now in the cloud. Hopefully you don't have alot of notes in the "from your mac" section on your computer

5. kapalua12 thread starter macrumors 6502

The notes that are in the non iCloud section on my 4S....do I copy them on the iMac backup of those notes out of the "From My Mac" section of the backup within iTunes to the iCloud backup section of notes on my iMac?

And then those notes will/should synch to the new iPhone ? If so, how do I find those notes on my iMac in iTunes? I know I'm making this more complicated than it seems it needs to be...Thanks.

6. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

have you opened up the notes application on your iMac? If the notes you are looking for are there, you can just transfer them to the iCloud section of the notes app. Then they will start syncing to your phone

7. kapalua12 thread starter macrumors 6502

When I open the notes application in iTunes, only the iCloud synched notes are there. Where are the Notes On My Mac as listed in my 4S?

8. bgro macrumors 6502a

Open up the notes application on your Mac and they should be there

Not sure what you mean by the "notes application in iTunes".